How do I confirm I was an employee of AFBA or 5Star Life Insurance Company?

If you were an employee of Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA) or 5Star Life Insurance Company, you would have had taxes and statutory deductions from earned wages and received a W-2 tax form for each calendar year employed.

How do I access my W-2 or pay stubs?

They are accessible from the payroll system (ADP) up to 24 months after your last day of employment.

Am I eligible to receive a pension benefit?

If you are a former AFBA or 5Star Life Insurance Company Life W-2 employee and meet certain requirements such as years of credited service as defined by the pension plan and age, you may be eligible for a pension benefit. Generally, you must have at least five plan years of credited service as defined by the pension plan. Additionally, you must reach a minimum age for distribution (early reduced at age 55 with 5 plan years of service, early unreduced at 62 with 10 plan years of service, and normal at age 65). 

If you meet plan eligibility requirements or have questions, please contact the Human Resources team at [email protected] or call us at 703-549-4455 ext 2422 for further information. 

How do I access the Pension Plan’s Annual Funding Notice?

Click here to view a pdf of the Notice.

How do I notify AFBA/5Star Life Insurance Company of my new address?

Please email your new address to the Human Resources team at [email protected]

Who do I contact for more information?

You may email our Human Resources team by completing the form below or call us at 703-549-4455. When reaching out, it is helpful to have as much information as possible for us to review your records.

Contact Us