Federal law only gives you the right to limit the following:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates’ use of your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State, District of Columbia, and territory laws may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- For example, if you are a resident of ND or VT, you have the right to opt in to the sharing of any information beyond the legally necessary minimum.
- All other states, the District of Columbia (DC), and territories allow consumers to opt out of this sharing.